Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fall run???

I am looking forward to this coming weekend as I will make it back to my favorite jetty to see what I can snag.  I'm really looking forward to bringing home dinner as we will have friends with us.  Not that I'm looking to show off or anything, but I feel like I'm really getting the hang of things and more specifically my equipment.  I'm also excited to use a new rod and reel that I got; it's an Abu Garcia level-wind on a 6 foot stand-up rod.  An odd combo by some accounts, but perfect for me.  I'm planning to use it for pier and eventually boat fishing.  It will be my first "conventional" reel experience.  I'm also hoping that the lighter weight and shorter length will work better for the significant other.  I may also have a fishing buddy if our friend wants to hit the surf with me.  It would be nice to "teach" a little as I've always found the best way to truly learn and retain something it to teach it.

There will also be some new hooks on my line this time out.  Despite the relative jump in price I sprung for some cutting point hooks by Owner.  I have a feeling that my self sharpened "cheap" hooks aren't doing the job as I have significantly more bites than hookups.  I'll also be trying some thin wire hooks as teasers in hopes that I can bring more fish to shore, even if to only use them for bait.

Well, expect a full report upon my return.  Here's hoping for good luck and tight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment