Thursday, July 21, 2011

Here we go again

So here I am sitting at my desk after a lunch of Mexican and margaritas contemplating my next trip to the jetty.  I will be heading out right after work for four days of heat, food, drink, and fishing.  I’m extremely hopeful that I’ll actually catch something edible this time…after all, that it my goal.  I acquired some new swivels, snaps, and even some Yo-Zuri fluorocarbon leader.  I’m hoping that a few of my bites might turn into hook ups if they don’t see the line.  I have been using SpiderWire InvisiBraid but have found that it seems to not be quite invisible but actually white or even opaque.  I will give it to SpiderWire that the line is translucent and casts incredibly well but is far from invisible…to my eyes at least.  So I will be on the beach/jetty wearing out my arm in a matter of hours.  Wish me luck.  I may even try bait if I don’t see any action.  Who knows, maybe I’ll even try a new location.  A full report will follow my trip, hopefully I don’t lose any more tackle to fish or stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment